Find out how to host your documents online to avoid adding an attachment to your email campaign.
Do you want to share a document with your contacts and you want to send it as an attachment in an email campaign?
If adding an attachment is technically possible with Mailify, we remind you that it is not recommended to send an email campaign with an attachment, especially if it is a large one.
What is the solution? Host your attachments online and insert a link to your online document in your email campaign. This solution is very convenient to share files quickly without impacting the size, and therefore the deliverability, of your campaign.
Web hosting services
Here is a non-exhaustive list of some websites giving you the opportunity to host your files online for free (photo, video, compressed folder, pdf, word, excel, etc.).
- Dropbox: free offer with 2 GB of storage space
- Google Drive: free offer with 15 GB storage space
- Onedrive: free offer with 5 GB of storage space
- PCloud: free offer with 10 GB storage space
For each of these providers, the process is the same:
- Create a free account
- Upload your files to your online account
- Select the link of the document(s) you wish to send to your recipients.
- Embed this link in your campaign into a word, a sentence, an image or a call to action button.
Contrary to adding attachments to emails, web file hosting makes it possible to share large files (limited to the available storage space in the cloud). Much larger than the maximum size of a traditional attachment, this file size limit depends on the provider you choose.