The Magento module enables you to synchronize your shop's contact lists with Mailify. You can easily generate a contact list with your customer and their business information, as well as another list with newsletter opt-in contacts.
Step 1 - Find the Magento Connect Manager
The module requires a Magento version between 1.7 and 1.9.
From the menu, click on System / Magento Connect / Magento Connect Manager
Step 2 - Install the module
There are two methods of connecting your Mailify account with your Magento account.
Method 1 - Install Mailify using Magento Connect
- Click on the Magento Connect link, on "Search for modules via Magento Connect"
- You will be redirected to http://www.magentocommerce.com
- Use the search bar named "Search for extensions" and enter: Mailify
- Select the Mailify module
- Once on the module page, click on "Install now"
- a. At this step you need to be logged into your Magento Connect account
- b. Copy the installation key
- c. Paste it in the second field of the Magento Connect Manager
- d. Click on "Install"
Method 2 - Manual installation
- Download the archive on click here.
- Upload the module via "Direct package file upload"
- Click on Upload
Step 3 - Configure the module
- In the menu "Newsletter", click on Mailify.
- Do you already have a Mailify account?
If you don"t have an account you will be prompted to download the software and create your account.
- Select your shop and pick your settings.
At this step you will find your e-shops and choose their synchronization settings
- Newsletter opt-ins: Automatically synchronize all of your newsletter opt-ins
- Customers list: This option enables the automatic syncing of your customers. You can even choose to include their order data.
- Link Magento and Mailify
You have finished the Magento side of the set up. Keep step 3 open in your browser or copy and paste the information shown, and launch Mailify.
Step 4 - Activate the extension in Mailify
To enable the synchronization between Magento and Mailify, you need to access the Extensions section from the app's homepage.
- When the Magento pop-up opens, click "Add a shop":
- Fill in the box with your shop's information:
- a. Shop Name: Custom name to identify the shop on your contacts lists section
- b. URL: URL of your Magento e-shop, displayed on the step 3 screen during the set up in Magento"s back office.
- c. Activation Key: Key link between Mailify and Magento displayed on the step 3 screen during the set up in Magento"s back office.
- Once the form is completed, click "Enable". Your e-shop and Mailify are now connected and the contact lists will begin to sync.